What's in the box? // Birchbox August

Leave a Comment
Birchbox Beauty Sample Box, Instyle Edit Birchbox, Birchbox August 2013

If you are overwhelmed by the sheer choice of beauty products available and don't know where to start looking for the latest must-haves, then the Birchbox could be your saviour! They cut through the clutter and bring you the best of new and well known brands together to provide a box jam packed with samples from make up, to skin care and hair styling. For just £10, you can try luxury products without paying the luxury price tag - a great way to find products that really suit you before committing to purchase the full sized versions which could be quite costly.



Birchbox Beauty Sample Box, Instyle Edit Birchbox, Birchbox August

This Month, Birchbox have teamed up with Instyle magazine to bring together both company's favourite products that are ideal for the summer months - also handy to take on holiday in compact travel sizes! As well as the samples, which come in a lovely drawstring bag, There is also a leaflet for a years subscription to Instyle magazine for just £11! So not only could you get some lovely samples, but a magazine every month delivered to your doorstop for less than £1! This is my second Birchbox (first review) and I'm excited to receive products recommended by the Instyle beauty team.

Birchbox Beauty Sample Box, Instyle Edit Birchbox, Birchbox August, LAQA&Co Fat lip Pencil, LAQA&Co Wolfman, Gerda Spillmann Hydro Pearls Make Up Primer, Make Up Primer, Bluemandarins Skinlife Energetic Cellular Cream, Montibel.lo Gold Oil Essence, Amber and Argan Oil, Molton Brown London, Molton Brown Ylang Ylang Body Wash

This month, I received 5 samples and it's great to see that I got quite a variety of different products rather than being mostly make up. If I like something, I tend to stick with it rather than risking  buying a product and it not suiting my colouring/ not liking it, so I love the fact I can receive products from companies I haven't really seen before and get to try something brand new to me. It's always nice to have new beauty items, so if I fall in love with these items, I know I can add them to my collection and buy the full sized versions from the Birchbox website. These are the items I received in my Birchbox this month:
  • LAQA&CO Lil' Lip Pencil in Wolfman
  • Gerda Spillmann Hydro Pearls Make Up Primer
  • Bluemandarines Skinlife Energetic Cellular Cream
  • Montibel.lo Gold Oil Essence Amber and Argan Oil
  • Molton Brown London Ylang-Ylang Body Wash
Birchbox Beauty Samples, Birchbox August 2013, LAQA & Co, Fat Lip Pencil, Wolfman

LAQA & CO, Fat Lip Pencil, Wolfman,

I have not come across LAQA&Co before but this is a wonderful product. It's a chunky lip pencil that glides on smoothly and is formulated with oils and vitamin E to make sure your pout stays perfectly moisturised. I believe other people received much brighter colours than me, but I received 'Wolfman' which is a lovely candy pink colour, despite the fact it's more of a day time colour, it's packed full of colour and applies highly pigmented on your lips with a glossy finish. When the lip pencil starts to go blunt, you can quickly twist the bottom like a lipstick, no need to find the pencil sharpener!

Gerda Spillman, Hydro Pearls Moisture Lotion, Make-up Primer, Luxury Skincare

Again, Gerda Spillmann is not a company I have come across before, and not surprisingly as it usually comes with a hefty price tag! But even so, it's great to sample a product I wouldn't usually be able to afford and see how it compares to high street make up. At the minute I have got so many BB Creams, CC creams and primers on the go in order to try and make my skin as blemish free as possible, so I can't wait to try this one out and see if it makes a difference. This product promises to hydrate your skin and reduce the look of pores to give a blank canvas for your make up. It also protects your skin against environmental irritants that we come across every day. This Primer is also ideal for oily skin, so as I do struggle with oily skin, especially during the summer,  I can't wait to keep it at bay!

Montibel.lo Gold Oil Essence, Argan and Amber Oil, Hair Oil, Luxury Haircare

At the minute, everyone is raving about miracle hair oils and I am no different! I use oil after every wash to help smooth my hair and try to reign in the frizz! Whilst I have used Argan oil, I have never seen one combined with amber oil, so this is a first for me. This product promises to nourish dry hair, strengthen and protect you from heat styling damage. Using this as a finishing product also tames flyaways and adds a luminous shine, I love having glossy, healthy hair so I can't wait to try it next time I do the dreaded chore of washing my hair.

Molton Brown London, Ylang-Ylang body wash, Luxury Bodycare

Molton Brown is one of the only brands that I have actually heard of in this months' Birchbox. I have seen bottles and bottles of it over the years at my grandma's house and I used to love it when she let me try the moisturisers out, they always used to smell fantastic and left your skin so soft. I was excited to see this in my Birchbox as I love sweet scents, the majority of my lotions and shower products either leave me smelling fruity or flowery. This body wash mixes yuan zhi root, vanilla and ylang ylang to offer a delicately gorgeous smelling lather.

Bluemandarine Skin Life, Energetic Cellular Cream, Anti-Aging Skincare, Luxury Skincare

Last but not least of my beauty samples is this Bluemandarine facial cream. As a cream that's filled with peptides that help to regenerate your skin and stimulate the synthesis of collagen to firm your skin, this product is probably a bit old for me, I'm only 21 after all! But I guess it's never too early to get into good skincare routines. I can imagine this product leaving my skin fresh and full of life, so I will give it a go, though I'm sure I won't see any drastic effects as I don't have any problems with skin ageing (yet!).


As well as beauty samples, Birchbox adds in a couple of extra treats! I received the Birchbox Gel Eyemask that you can place in the fridge and then use to help de puff eyes and have a bit of me time. I seem to be struggling with puffy eyes at the minute and looking like an Insomniac half the time, so hopefully this will help me look fresh as a daisy and well rested! I also got a snack size version of Propercorn's Sweet and Salty Popcorn, I know savoury popcorn seems to be the in thing at the minute, but I have never tried it! I am very much a cinema sweet popcorn, I'll give it a try and see if it will convert me!



I hope you liked my 'What's in the box?' post and I hope to continue with my Birchbox posts in the coming months! If you want a piece of the action and want to subscribe to a Birchbox for yourself, if you subscribe through this link for the refer a friend scheme and we will both receive £5 worth of points to spend on lovely products in their Eshop!

Not bad eh? So don't miss out and get subscribing!

Did you receive different products in your Birchboxes? Let me know what else you got!

Amie xx


SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig