Outfit Of The Day // 6th July

Leave a Comment

Hello all! I hope you are all taking advantage of this fabulous weather we are experiencing; looks like summer is finally here! Knowing England though this will be our only bout of sunshine for the rest of the summer. As I am now working full time as a Buying Assistant, my only free time is at the weekend, so I certainly wanted to be out in the sun whilst I could! I chose this outfit as it was light and airy as well as being very summery, perfect for lunch with my dad and spending some of the evening in the beer garden with my mum (my parents run and live above a country pub, I know it's a student's dream to live in a pub :p).




Top £16.99 New Look - Skirt £17 Miss Selfridge - Sandals £30 Next - Bracelet Oasis -
Sunglasses Ray-Ban

(No prices for things that are no longer available)


I picked up this top from New Look to wear for when I had to do a presentation at University. It's one of those items that can be dressed up or dressed down with a pair of jeans really easily. I love the crochet detailing on the chest and around the neck, fitting in well with the crochet and tassel trends. One word of advice, the material is incredibly sheer, so make sure to put a nude vest top underneath! The material is beautiful though and drapes like a dream, it looks a lot more expensive than it really is!


This skirt from Miss Selfridge was another bargain I found out of the summer sale, £32 down to £17! It's in coral, which is one of the most summery colours going at the minute and it's in an interesting textural pattern that looks similar to bubble wrap, which brings life to the colour as the light reflects on it in different ways. It's a skater skirt style so it sits on the waist and has pleats around the waistband to add extra volume and makes it look so much more well made. Miss Selfridge is currently full of skirts like this, I highly recommend you invest in one, they are probably the best on the high street at the minute.


I bought these shoes from Next for my summer holiday to wear during the evening. They have a Chanel style to them with the tweed material and classy colour palette; the pointed toe is also one of the big summer trends right now. I also love the T-bar detailing and I think they go very well with this cute and feminine outfit. I do struggle with Next shoe sizes though as I have wide feet; I worked for Next for 2 years and literally couldn't wear the shoes to work that they wanted me to wear as part of my wardrobe, every season I would buy a pair and every time they have left bruises or blisters on my feet or completely crippled me within a couple of hours, so after a few weeks of pain I would refuse and revert back to my own shoes, ain't nobody got time for that. these dig in where they cut across my little toe but as the sandal is quite open, I just about get away with these ones, I love these too much to not wear them!



I absolutely adore this bracelet, even more so because it was a another sale item! I love how it's the pearls are quite chunky and it really makes a statement. The pearls are really versatile and it will go with literally any type of outfit; a classic piece of jewellery that will last you for years to come.



As an investment piece, I think everyone should have a pair of Ray-Bans in their collection, I've had mine since I was 18 and I love them just as much as I did all of those years ago. They're the perfect accessory for a hot sunny day, to wear to the beach or for a weekend at a festival. Mine are the classic aviator style in gold and I think they suit anybody's face shape and are really flattering. I know I'll be making the most of wearing them this weekend!

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend, whatever you are doing :)

Amie xx
SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig