Outfit Of The Day // 30th June

Leave a Comment

I thought I would start to post some of the outfits that I wear to showcase my own style and influences. I have invested quite a bit in a holiday wardrobe as well as a working wardrobe for my upcoming placement, so I have lots of lovely new clothes to show you all!

As you may have noticed, I recently went on holiday to Mexico (see post here), so you will see that my outfit is inspired quite a bit by the Aztec trend! I apologise for the camera quality, I resorted to using my IPhone as my camera is still packed somewhere from moving house on Friday!

Today it was nice and sunny, so it was any excuse to spend time in the garden and try to extend my tan for a little longer! This outfit is cool and casual, perfect for Sundays in the sunshine.

Top £9.99 New Look - Skirt £22 Miss Selfridge - Shoes £12 New Look - Necklace £10 Next - Bracelets $4 from Mexico









This crop top from New Look was a welcome addition to my Mexican holiday wardrobe (couldn't find the same style online, but here is a similar version) It hits two current trends with one stone, with both Aztec prints and crop tops being in the fashion spotlight at the minute. It's quite loose fitting and lightweight, which is perfect for those hot summer days; it also has an elasticated waistband, which brings in the top and adds shape to the wearer, plus it allows you to roll the bottom of the top up if you want it any shorter. New Look also have a trend section featured on their website called Mexican Trail, so if you are loving the Aztec and tribal trend at the minute, then check it out for dresses, tops, jewellery, bikinis and more!


I only bought this skirt last week, but I can already tell it's going to feature a lot this summer! This denim skater skirt has an acid wash finish to give it that bleached out look, which will be very popular on any denim garments this season. I love the skater skirt shape as it adds curves to the right places and skims over everything else, no Bridget Jones knickers needed! What makes it even more appealing is that is currently in the sale at £22 reduced from £32, when I bought it, they also offered an extra 20% on top, plus 10% student discount, which made the deal even sweeter! grab it while you can!


To coordinate with my Aztec themed top, I also wore my Aztec print boat shoes, which I absolutely love! They are so comfy to walk in, perfect for exploring on holiday. I thought they were a bit different with the colourful striped print and I instantly fell in love with them and at £12.99 you can't say no!


This necklace from Next was a complete impulse buy, but I'm glad that it caught my eye. I love a good statement necklace as I'm sure you will soon figure out, and this one has a tribal feel to it which fits in with the Aztec theme of the outfit. As the colour of the necklace is black and gold, it is very versatile and will go with most outfits.


I found these bracelets in Mexico in a souvenir shop, you can't go on holiday without buying some woven beaded bracelets! I thought they were really cute and at only $2 each even if I just wore them for the holiday it wouldn't break the bank; though I haven't really taken them off since coming back from Cancun!

this is my first post of this kind, so let me know what you think! as a new blogger I always want to hear feedback and if you have any suggestions on how I can improve my posts then I would love to know! :)

Amie xx


SHARE: Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr Pin This
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig